Controls.kt is a data acquisition framework (work in progress). It is based on DataForge, a software framework for automated data processing. This repository contains a prototype of API and simple implementation of a slow control system, including a demo.
Controls.kt uses some concepts and modules of DataForge,
Meta (immutable tree-like structure) and
includes a scalar value, or a tree of values, easily convertable to/from JSON
Materials and publications
- Video - A general overview seminar
- Video - A seminar about the system mechanics
- Article - A Novel Solution for Controlling Hardware Components of Accelerators and Beamlines
Among other things, you can:
- Describe devices and their properties.
- Collect data from devices and execute arbitrary actions supported by a device.
- Property values can be cached in the system and requested from devices as needed, asynchronously.
- Connect devices to event bus via bidirectional message flows.